This is a very cool power point, and it is with utmost enthusiasm that I share the lesson!
* The slides guide students through new skills that are used in simplifying algebraic expressions.
* Terms such as "coefficient" are introduced, and they learn to readily recognize "like" terms.
* They explore additional skills along with combining like-terms: simplifying expressions with grouping symbols, writing and simplifying functions, and they write and simplify expressions for the perimeter of various geometric shapes.
* Also included in the lesson are a couple of word problems that challenge them to write their own equations and solve these equations by using their newly acquired knowledge.
* This power point, without a doubt, is one of my favorite slide shows for the kids! Thanks for your interest in this product, and have a happy day teaching!
* The lesson is aligned with CC Standards.
LOVE TO TEACH!