I'm extremely happy to share the following power point on Rhombuses, Rectangles, and Squares!
* Students delight in learning the properties of some special parallelograms, being mindful of their similarities and differences!
* Students define each of the three figures: rhombus, rectangle and square.
* Students learn that frequently some geometric properties that apply to these figures can characterize one or more figure at the same time.
* Students use the properties used with rhombuses, rectangles, and squares to determine and solve for specific measurements of angles using algebra.
* There is ample opportunity for students to apply the theorems presented in the lesson and to make use of the properties of rhombuses, rectangles, and squares as they determine measurements of angles and lengths of segments.
* Answer keys are included for student/teacher convenience.
^ This power point is aligned with CC Standards
* Students find the lesson manageable, informative, and they enjoy learning about the unique properties of rhombuses, rectangles, and squares.
* Teachers will find the lesson practical and easily adapted to their curriculum.
LOVE TO TEACH!