I am extremely pleased to share a Power Point on "Multiplication Properties of Exponents." This power point introduces students to using the various properties for simplification of expressions written in exponential notation.
* The lesson begins with a review of a couple of the terms necessary to recall and understand the forthcoming information in the lesson, and then it proceeds to explaining the properties: The Product of Powers Property, The Power of a Power Property, and The Power of a Product Property.
* Finally, all three properties are combined for solving.
* Included is a Real-life problem where students determine the ratio of the power generated by a windmill at two different wind speeds, using a formula that involves the use of exponents.
* Again, at the conclusion of the lesson, I offer a four question follow up assessment to verify student understanding; answers are included.
* Additionally, GUIDED NOTES are provided to support student comprehension as they follow along with the power point.
* GUIDED NOTES are beneficial in test/quiz preparation, as well, and they help students in the retention of newly learned material.
* The lesson is aligned with Common Core standards.
Please enjoy the lesson with your students.