This power point focuses on the skill of understanding place value. Students will practice identifying different forms of number representation - unit form, standard form, expanded form, and word form to the millions place. They will also practice placing digits on a place value chart and to add and subtract multiples of hundred thousand, ten thousands, and more.
The slide presentation ends with an exit ticket. Here are the exit ticket questions.
Write the following in standard form.
1. 300 + 40,000 + 9 =
2. 900,000 + 70 + 200 =
3. 3 ten thousands + 6 hundreds + 8 ones =
4. One thousand six hundred two
5. What number is 1 hundred thousand more than 587,876?
6. What number is 2 ten thousands less than 587,876?
7. What’s the value of the 6 in the above number?
8. What’s the value of the 5 in the above number?
9. What’s the value of the 4 in the above number?
10. Write the above number in expanded form.
Please let me know if you find any errors in the presentation. I go over my lessons over and over but still sometimes miss an error.