* Students will enjoy the geometric basics in this presentation as they gradually embark upon valuable material intended to provide support in daily assignments and assessments.
* Students learn about the meaning of the word polygon, concave and convex polygons, vertices, the parts of a polygon including the difference between "regular" and "irregular" polygons.
* Students learn the difference between "equi-angular" and "equi-lateral" polygons
* Students become familiar with the various types of polygons, named according to the number of sides they have
* Students learn how to name a polygon
* Students then apply the properties of parallelograms in solving for individual angle measurement.
* Students learn about opposite sides and opposite angles of a parallelogram and how they are related.
* Students encounter the diagonals of parallelograms and discover how those are related, as well.
* This power point is aligned with CCSS
* I am confident that students will find the lesson interesting and manageable, while instructors will find the lesson practical.
Thank you, and please enjoy!
LOVE TO TEACH!!!