Students always seem to enjoy the lessons on Slope-intercept form.
* Within the slides, students receive instruction on exact meanings for each term in the slope-intercept equation.
* They review how to manipulate an equation from other forms to find the desired slope-intercept form.
* Once they master the basics, they learn what to do with the information and graph it on the Cartesian plane.
* Since the lesson greatly involves the slope, students learn about the relationship between the slopes of parallel lines.
* The information learned in this lesson is inserted into a real life situation where students have an equation involving a snow storm, the rate of snow fall, and the snow that was already on the ground prior the to beginning of the storm.
* Also included are several review pages for students with various situations presented that they may encounter when doing homework, quizzes, etc.