Today's lesson covers Solving Inequalities Using Multiplication or Division
* One will find that the lesson is in step with common core standards.
^ The lesson includes instructions on the Properties of Inequalities relative to multiplication and division where students solve inequalities and then graph the solutions on a number line.
* Each slide offers the student a clear picture-representation of where the solutions are in the set of Real Numbers.
* Students learn the difference between multiplying and dividing with negatives or when adding and subtracting with negatives, relative to the inequality symbols and their direction.
* Learning the difference, they apply some important rules in calculating their solutions: the Multiplication Properties of Inequality when n<0 and when n>0, and the Division Properties of Inequality when n<0 and when n>0.
* Students apply this information in a real world situation concerning an ice-skater and they discover at what point it is best to rent or purchase a pair of skates.
* Multiple practice problem are included with corresponding answers for student/teacher convenience.
Have a great day teaching!