This power point has a surprise for you! That being said, I don't want to ruin the surprise for you, so, PLEASE, if you teach pre-algebra or algebra I, down-load it now in order to get the full benefit of what is here.
* Behind the sliding door of this classroom, you will find students ready to meet the goals set in the lesson, Subtraction of Real Numbers.
* These students learn to use and apply the Subtraction Rule in determining the difference between various applications and properties in algebra.
* Students come to learn and understand that the commutative property is not applicable in algebraic subtraction, unlike it is in algebraic addition..
* Further, students evaluate functions by making tables.
* They learn to identify the terms of an expression.
* Also included in the lesson is the experience of "Real-Life" word problems that involve positive and negative calculations.
* Additionally, the lesson is aligned with CC Standards and Across the Curriculum Expectations.
* I believe students will find these expectations both manageable and enjoyable.
* I offer this lesson FREE in response to the immense gratitude and pleasure I have in being a part of the TpT community. Thank you from the deepest part of my soul.
* I am hopeful that you find the lesson enjoyable as well as practical.
Have a great teaching day!