So happy to share this lesson on Solving Systems of Equations using the SUBSTITUTION METHOD.
* Feeling confident in the students' ability to quickly adapt to the steps clearly outlined for them in the lesson!
* Students walk through an example using the well-defined steps that are involved in the Substitution Method.
* They learn how to select a convenient variable in which to to solve the system.
* They learn how to display the solution of a system of equations, as well.
* Students solve for first one variable and then the other variable using this unique substitution method.
* Finally, they are presented with a real life problem to determine the number of softballs ordered for two different clubs, given just a small amount of information; the problem requires the use of the Substitution Method to solve.
* A follow up assessment is included for teacher and students to assess comprehension of the lesson; answers are provided for student/teacher immediate feedback.
* The lesson concludes with 10 GUIDED NOTE questions for students to address as they follow along in the lesson presentation, and the notes adaptable for use in quiz and test preparation.
* Common Core Standards are met and students should have a full understanding on how to employ this very practical method to solve for a system of equations.