This is a great lesson that teaches students how to use the distributive property in algebra.
* They use a rectangular model and the distributive property to calculate the area of a rectangle.
* They use the distributive property with addition and with subtraction.
* They use the distributive property to rewrite expressions without parentheses.
* Finally, students solve word problems and learn to calculate mentally by applying their newly discovered understanding of the distributive property.
* Students and instructors alike are pleased with the clear and understandable slides they find in the presentation offered here.
* For teaching convenience, the lesson is aligned with the Common Core Standards.
* Please enjoy!
LOVE TO TEACH!