This is a play that will involve all of your students if you choose. It is interactive! If they don't have a speaking part, well, that's okay because they can be a "ship" in the Armada or English Navy!
It can be a little challenging to find tools to help teach about the importance of the Defeat of the Spanish Armada in history, especially when it comes to understanding how it opens the door to the Americas for the English. You will find this play is a great tool.
Your students will love this activity as everyone gets involved in the action. This is what is included in the play:
1. The reasons why Phillip II of Spain seeks to invade England.
2. A description of the vast armada and the Spanish commanders.
3. A look at Queen Elizabeth and her commanders, too.
4. Reenact the Battle of Gravelines in the English Channel
5. The important results of the English victory and how this changed World History!
FYI - After the play, I have my students journal what they just learned from the experience! Then we have a discussion.
Enjoy! You will love it!