Power of Bridges to Accomplishment - Inspirational Quote Writing Prompts and Graphic Organizers
In English we use figurative phrases that can be tricky for young learners and language learners. This quote explores ‘bridges’ and character education. I use quotes to integrate character education into my 6-trait writing class. It begins with a post-it response and grows into a mature essay that always amazes me as I read insightful thoughts from even my goofiest, fun-loving students.
• Discipline is the bridge between goals and accoplishment.
Each prompt includes:
• Formal poster
• Print friendly version (perfect for reduced sized in Interactive Note Books)
• Full color poster
• Prewrite graphic organizer
• Quote with writing space
• Quote with illustration space
• Extended writing prompts (how to turn a quote response into a 5 paragraph essay response)
• Extra publishing paper
1. Class Discussion - Place the full page poster on chart paper and conduct a class discussion prior to writing.
2. Post-it Ideas - Use 3 colors of post-it notes for students interacting with the three questions found in the graphic organizer.
3. Large Poster - Later, I usually choose 3-4 of the post-its in each category to make a whole-class poster, including the student’s name who suggested the idea. This makes a nice centerpiece on a bulletin board for their final writing.
4. Writing About Character Quotes - Three levels of difficulty are included – 1. With graphic organizer and sentence frame support. 2. With graphic organizer, but without supports. 3. No supports and room to illustrate a personal connection.
5. Mini Posters - Print the poster size multiple times on one page. The small posters are great for interactive notebooks. Students make a web of ideas coming from the mini-poster; use it for the rough draft; or have students make their own ways to interact with the quote.
This quote can also be found in:
Power of Bridges - Inspirational Quotes Mini-Bundle
Thank you for your interest in Creative Core Integrations
by Kim Shelley!
Many thanks to the creative talents of:
*Follow me* - for 50% off new products for the first 48 hours.