Power of We! is a girl-specific initiative that offers options to help girls feel validated and empowered, boosting their self-esteem and encouraging their dreams to soar like an eagle. Objectives include improving literacy and digital abilities, and providing leadership opportunities to create, publish, distribute and speak and perform in front of their peers, using:
* Zines, (pron.: /ˈziːn/ ZEEN; an abbreviation of magazine) a leaflet of text and images
* SUPER Hero Poems, which can be submitted into an annual writing contest. Every child who enters is recognized with an authentic POW! Author Certificate.
* If You Really Knew Me, short videos of self-awareness that are created by students and can be uploaded onto YouTube and the Sharyn website.
* POWER of WE! Certificate for completing girl ally-building workshops.
* Shaping of An Avalanche, a 10-minute play about cyberbullying (written by Renee) is available for middle schools using the POW! curriculum
Power of We! booklet
by S. Renee Mitchell
is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License