So happy to offer my algebra power point over Adding and Subtracting Polynomials!
* Students learn to define and understand monomials
* Students learn to define and give examples of binomials and trinomials.
* Students learn to identify the various members of the Polynomial family.
* Students learn what is considered to be Standard Form for polynomials
* Students learn to add and subtract polynomials both vertically and horizontally
* Students learn the difference between finding the degree of a monomial and finding the degree of a polynomial of more than one term.
* Students learn to find the degree of a polynomial in more than one variable
* Students apply their newly learned knowledge to a real-life situation where they determine the area of a side-walk around a swimming pool.
* I am confident that students will find the lesson both manageable as well as enjoyable; instructors will find the lesson practical in delivery.
* Included in the lesson is a follow up assessment of six questions for student/instructor immediate feedback as to student understanding of the lesson.
* There are fourteen GUIDED NOTES included in the lesson to encourage active student participation during the lesson presentation. Students will find the notes beneficial for review prior to quizzes, tests, and final exams.
* The power point presentation is aligned with CC standards.
LOVE TO TEACH!!!