I am extremely happy to share my power point lesson on Solving Systems of Equations by Graphing!
* Students will readily grasp this concept as it is quite similar to graphing only one line.
* They do learn that to solve for a system one is looking to find a point, or points, in common to the equations that make up the system.
* They begin by finding a point of intersection and checking their answer to eliminate the possibility of error.
* Once they have an understanding, they apply their newly grasped skill to a real life problem involving memberships to an aerobics class.
* I have included a four question assessment to assure the instructor and the students of their mastery; an answer key is provided for teacher convenience and students' immediate feedback.
* Additionally, there are Guided Notes included to promote active student participation while the lesson is being presented.