Need to randomly select teams? Or assign points? Or study probability? This 56 slide Dice Roller presentation simulates rolling a standard six-sided dice. Just start the presentation and click to begin a dice roll. When the animation stops, the number displayed on the front face is the number “rolled”. If the entire presentation is used, the numbers 1 through 6 will be rolled an equal number of times.
To “randomize” which numbers are rolled:
1. Use slide sorter to rearrange the slides, or
2. Start the presentation at a different slide each time.
* Selecting the team to answer the next question of a review
* Comparing theoretical vs. experimental probability
* Assigning students to a group
* Practicing math facts (i.e. 8 times the number rolled on the dice)