This resource contains a fully editable, comprehensive and interactive 90 slide powerpoint lesson on words ending in 'tion'. This resource will help students to master the spelling of 'tion' words. There are many activities to re-inforce and consolidate the reading and spelling of these words.
- In the first section students 'read' the 'tion' words.
- In the next section the emphasis is on the spelling of the words by 'chunking'. The interactive powerpoint visually demonstrates how to do this.
- Then students are challenged to spell 'tion' words not previously covered from the image on the slide.
- The next activity involves students working in pairs or groups to find as many 'tion' words as they can in a timed exercise.
- There is a section for students to identify the missing letters from 'tion' words.
- The final section contains an 'anagram' challenge of some of the 'tion' words.
The resource could be used as a whole lesson, for a series of lessons, as a lesson starter or plenary. The resource is suitable for older Special Education students who will benefit from the visual nature of this resource.
Inspire and Educate!