This Powerpoint file contains 26 questions with solutions for Algebra I.
The categories include
• Surveys and Samples,
• Central Tendency and Dispersion,
• Analyzing Data,
• Stem and Leaf Plots, and
• Box and Whisker Plots.
The questions in each category are valued at 100, 200, 300, 400, and 500 points.
Here is how the game works:
• Suppose a student selects “Surveys and Samples” for 100.
• The student taps the value of the 100 and the question appears: “Identify the population being surveyed and classify the sampling method: The local delicatessen wants to evaluate the delicatessen’s quality of service. The patrons are given mail-in comment cards.”
• Students could be given white boards to record their answer to the question.
• When every student has held up their white board and revealed their answer, someone could tap on “answer” to reveal the solution to the question: Population: Patrons who have ordered food from the delicatessen. Sampling method: Self-selected.
• To return to the Q and A Board someone should tap on “Q and A Board”.
• When you return to the game board, the previous question should be darkened.
As students are selecting categories and values, there is a hidden bonus question on the board. Students should first make a wager just like they do in the real game on TV. Once the wager has been placed, someone should tap on “To Bonus Question”. After students have recorded their answer to the bonus question on their white boards, they should reveal their answers. To confirm the answer to the Bonus Question, someone should tap on “answer”.
Then it is time to return to the Q and A game board by tapping on “Q and A Board.” When all the questions have been chosen (all the questions have been darkened) or the allotted time for the activity has been reached, it is time to choose the Final Question. Again students can make a wager just like they do on TV.
It is time to tally up the points to see who has won.
Any time there is a choice on the bottom of the screen to go “Q and A Board” you can tap “Q and A Board” to return to the Q and A board.
The questions used in this Q and A game are based upon the material in Larson, Boswell, Kanold, and Stiff’s Algebra I (Chapter 10).