Check out bundled package:
✿Practice Makes Perfect Money Saving Math Bundle
We all know the kiddos need a lot of practice in Balancing Equations. Practice Makes Perfect: Balancing Equations is so helpful for my Firsties during Morning Work, Do-Nows, and Fast Finisher work. I have left them for substitutes and have given them for homework, too. As we approach end-of-year testing, they are great for reinforcing and refreshing concepts.
There are actually 17 sheets included. One is identical to another minus the clip art in case you felt it was too busy. Included in this packet are two pages that you can reuse again and again since you can use them as templates.
Please see preview which shows all of the sheets. Here is a listing:
1. Addition to 10: Find Missing Number to Balance Equation
2. SAME but Subtraction to 20
3. Balance the pans on the scales: One side is filled in and kids can use addition or subtraction to figure out a solution.
4. Make scales balanced OR unbalanced according to symbol on scale: Great challenge page! Kids can use addition/subtraction or combo of both.
5. Same as above with extra clipart. NOTE: this page can be used over and over again and you can fill in half of it and have them do other half to balance.
6. Use combo of 4 given umbers to create a balanced equation (addition)
7. Same as above but subtraction.
8. Solve am addition or subtraction problem and find other problems with same answer. (Equiv. names for numbers.)
9/10: Spinner Games in addition and subtraction.
11. Cut and Paste
12. Make up/Record own balanced and unbalanced equations.
13-15 Find Balanced Equations (addition to 10, subtraction to 10, and one mixed page to 20. All three pages have additional directions for writing on back of page: Describe what a balanced equation is; Why must you always start with the bigger number when subtracting?; Select 5 unbalanced equations and rewrite to balance them.
16. Color in Balanced Bananas
17 Blank Banana page from above so you can write YOUR equations in OR have kids make up completely on own.
Thanks for looking!
If you found this product helpful, take a peek at
❤Practice Makes Perfect: Balancing Equations
❤Practice Makes Perfect: Addition & Subtraction Worksheets
❤Practice Makes Perfect: Names for Numbers
❤Practice Makes Perfect: Highlight Sums and Differences to 10
❤Practice Makes Perfect: Number Recognition to 10
❤Bundled Math Practice Makes Perfect