This great resource requires students to make educated guesses (inferences) through detailed directions and support.
The first worksheet consists of two pages in which students must read the statement given, read the underlined evidence, and select the best inference out of the three provided.
The second worksheet consists of two pages in which students must read the statement given and then write an inference, underline the evidence that supports their inference, and write an uneducated inference where no evidence exists to support it.
Students can do this individually, with partners, or as a whole class. This can be used as a beginning activity or an assessment.
Other EOG Resources!
- Subjective and Objective Task Cards
- Subject & Predicate Task Cards
- EOG Practice and Review Activity Packet
- Opposite Words: Synonym & Antonym Task Cards
Other Great Inference Resources:
- Making Inferences on Emotions: Group Task Cards
- Trash Talk: An Inference Activity Using Trash!