In this great and fun resource, students will practice identifying parts of speech by playing card games! Using the same deck of cards, students can play 3 different parts of speech games!
- Suggestions on implementation and instructions on how to print the cards.
- Instructions on how to play each of the 3 games
- Cards needed to play a game similar to "UNO"
- Cards needed to play a game similar to "Go Fish"
- Cards needed to play a game where students will put words in correct part of speech category as quickly as possible.
- A color deck and a black and white deck
More details about the first game:
- Students will deal out 7 cards to each player. The objective of the game is to get rid of all cards in the player's hand. The first one to do so wins. Each player takes turns in laying down a card that corresponds with the part of speech being displayed. With rules similar to "UNO", players will encounter cards that will make this objective difficult.
More details about the second game:
- Students will deal out 7 cards to each player. The objective of the game is to match all cards with the same part of speech. The first player will ask another player if they have a certain part of speech. If so, they must hand it over and the player who asked now has 1 match. It is then the next player's turn. The first player who matches all of their cards wins. With rules similar to "Go Fish", this resource challenges students to match correct parts of speech with what is in their hands as well as what is being asked of them.
More details about 3rd game:
- Students are separated into groups where they will receive the deck of cards. They will lay out the category cards in a row and then begin separating the words into the correct part of speech category. The first group to do so wins.
If you have any questions, please let me know! I made the cards small as to save copy counts and paper. I hope you enjoy this product as it is sure to add fun to an educational topic!
Other Great Parts of Speech Resources:
- M&M Parts of Speech Activity
- Parts of Speech "I Have Who Has" Game
- Parts of Speech Game!
- Parts of Speech Quiz Assessment
- Parts of Speech Review & Preposition Practice FREEBIE
- Parts of Speech Review Bellringer
- Labeling Helping/Linking Verbs