Pragmatic language and perspective-taking skills for early elementary children. This speech therapy activity supports the development of making guesses (inferencing) about what someone is thinking by observing what they are looking at (early perspective-taking).
For some of our kiddos, perspective-taking skills needs supported practice. But how do we do this? This product gives you activities to practice perspective-taking and inferencing. for following eye gaze to guess the thoughts and feelings of others (pragmatic language development).
There are 2 card sets (which can be played together or separately). With the "Look at a ..." cards, the individual chooses a card that has instructions to look at an item typically found in a classroom or speech room. For the "What are they thinking cards" they practice thinking about 2 different things they might think about when looking at the object.
This activity also includes
- 24 "Look at a ..." Cards: Have the student "look at" an item in the classroom that is shown on the picture card. Then have other students make a smart guess about what they are looking at and what they might be thinking. There are color and black and white card sets. Print out 2 sets and play with a matching game or go fish.
- 16 "What are they thinking cards": Students can look at the image on the page and make an inference or a smart guess about what someone might be thinking. These cards sets are available in color or black and white.
- General game board with questions for practicing inferencing and making smart guesses. This is perfect for students to color!
- Matching worksheet activity for inferencing and smart guesses.
- Maze worksheet activity for additional practice for inferencing and making smart guesses.
Enjoy practicing making smart guessed and making inferences.
Created by: Shannon Archer, M.S, CCC-SLP
A school-based and private practice SLP (yep I wear many hats like you) who creates activities to give you A Gift of Speech through FUNctional, research-based, and time-saving speech and language activities!
▶️ Related Products ▶️
⭐ FREE Activities from A Gift of Speech ⭐
❤️ TALK BACK with A Gift of Speech ❤️
✅Follow A Gift of Speech on TPT for more therapy activities.
✍Check out our blog for FUNctional therapy ideas