These Pre-A Guided Reading Activity Binders include printable materials and books for teaching letter identification, letter sounds, phonological awareness, comprehension, and more! These materials are great for your guided reading or small groups in Kindergarten or first grade.
Your Pre-A readers (who aren't yet reading traditionally) need something a little *different* during guided reading. They need to work on print concepts, letters, phonological awareness, and maybe even writing their names.
But preparing tons of hands-on emergent literacy activities is time-consuming! And it takes up precious instructional minutes to constantly switch out materials during your lessons.
After teaching many Pre-A guided reading lessons that didn't flow as well as I'd hoped, I wondered: "What if I could keep all of these activities in ONE physical place?"
I decided to create "activity binders" that contained all of the printable materials I used with my students during my Pre-A guided reading lessons. I also created a teacher's manual so that I had a variety of activity ideas at my fingertips (no more racking my brain during lesson planning)!
Having all these materials in one place has made a HUGE difference in my Pre A guided reading lessons! They flow more smoothly (less getting out and putting away of materials) and they are also much faster to plan.
This resource includes all the materials you need to create your own guided reading activity binders and teacher's manual!!
In addition to the resources included in these files, you'll also need a 1-inch binder for each student (if you have multiple Pre A guided reading groups, you can use the same binders for multiple students). Magnetic letters, counters, page protectors, and dry erase markers are also helpful to have.
Here's what's included:
- Planning template to make lesson planning fast and easy (editable version included, too)
- Materials and directions for creating your own teacher's manual
- Lesson plans for 35+ different activities and games that address name practice, letter identification, phonological awareness, letter sounds, print concepts, book reading, letter formation, writing, simple sight words, and oral language
- Corresponding student materials for 35+ activities (for the student activity binders)
- 10 emergent readers (printable books for students)
This resource is for you if:
- You work with students who are not yet reading traditionally
- You want your Pre-A guided reading materials to be organized and easy to access
- You want to prep materials once and be able to use them for months or even years
This resources may not be for you if:
- You cannot or do not want to print any materials (although the teacher book can be used on the iPad or computer instead of printed)
Please download the FREE preview before you purchase!
Notes about printing:
- These resources are carefully organized to make printing easy (specific directions are included)
- You can print as little or as much of this resource as you like - the activities can be used individually if you choose not to prepare activity binders
Looking for additional guided reading materials? You can view all my guided reading resources HERE!