Pre-K, Kindergarten Friendship Music Lesson Plan - Great for Valentine's Day
What educators are saying
This Music Lesson Plan is highly engaging for PreK and Kindergarten students. It includes over a dozen activities to get kids singing, moving, and playing while learning about the importance of friendship! It's perfect for Valentine's Day, but you can use it any time of the year!
There are lots of activities for you to pick and choose from, so you definitely won't run out of fun things to do! I've made some of the activities extra long, so you can break them up into multiple class periods or cut them down to fit your needs and schedule.
This music lesson is centered around the importance of friendship and has a "rock" theme. They will meet a new rock friend and play along with some rock music.
- Rhythm Sticks
- A rock for each student (you can substitute with bean bags, shaker eggs, tennis balls, or an imaginary rock).
- A few musical recordings found widely on the web for free
What My Pre-K Kids Said After the Lesson
- Can we do it again? (Vocal Play)
- That was fun! (Lining up)
- I love you! (Walking Out the Door)
FIND MORE PREK & KINDERGARTEN LESSON PLANS HERE!
FEBRUARY PRINTABLES - Great for Music Sub Plans!