***PLEASE NOTE: This product is part of a BUNDLE. Please do not purchase if you have already purchased the bundle.
***These book companions are perfect for sending out during distance learning! Simply prerecord a video of yourself reading the story, and send the companion along with the video to parents for completion!***
Our K-2 Special Day class students approached me and asked if I could make something that would help her teach comprehension skills, core academics, AND cover several 15-20 minute stations every day for a whole week for the entire school year. This is how this project was born.
The titles included for the month of April are:
Week 1: Too Many Carrots by Katy Hudson
Week 2: Buzz by Eileen Spinelli
Week 3: Bob and Otto by Robert O. Bruel
Each companion is about 50-60 pages and contains the following:
• Book Info Visuals (Author, Illustrator, Title, Setting, Characters)
• Comprehension Visuals for WH-Questions
• Multiple choice comprehension visuals for the story
• 2 levels of assessments ( (1) Multiple choice with pictures and (2) open ended questions)
• 6 step sequencing cards & cut and paste template
• English Language Arts Worksheets / Printables
o May include: Sight words, phonics, vocabulary, writing, tracing, letter writing, sentence writing with a sentence frame
• Math Worksheets / Printables
o May include: Counting practice #1-10, number writing practice #1-10, number sense, number tracing, patterning, number puzzles, problem solving
• Game to work on social skills and turn taking
• STEM activity related to the story
• Visual instructions to complete a craft related to the story
Each pack is designed to keep your students occupied for at least several daily 20 minute stations / centers per week, depending on the level of your group. Please check out the preview for an overview (Note: The preview is for a title that is included in the month of September. If you go to the BUNDLE product page and look at the preview, you can see an example of a complete book companion).
Each companion is no prep (except for the game, craft, and STEM activity) and is pretty much print & go!
This product would be great for upper preschool, transitional Kindergarten, Kindergarten, or SDC Centers / Stations in either general or special day class settings.
If you like this product, please leave a review. If you feel that there is room for improvement, please let me know so that I can make the necessary changes. Thank you for your support :)