***PLEASE NOTE: This product is part of a BUNDLE. Please do not purchase if you have already purchased the bundle.
Our K-2 Special Day class students approached me and asked if I could make something that would help her teach comprehension skills, core academics, AND cover several 15-20 minute stations every day for a whole week for the entire school year. This is how this project was born.
The titles included for the month of September are:
Week 1: Johnny Appleseed by Jodie Shepherd
Week 2: The Scarecrow's Hat by Ken Brown
Week 3: Apple Trouble by Ragnhild Scamell
Week 4: We’re Going on a Bear Hunt by Michael Rosen
Each companion is about 50-60 pages and contains the following:
• Book Info Visuals (Author, Illustrator, Title, Setting, Characters)
• Comprehension Visuals for WH-Questions
• Multiple choice comprehension visuals for the story
• 2 levels of assessments ( (1) Multiple choice with pictures and (2) open ended questions)
• 6 step sequencing cards & cut and paste template
• English Language Arts Worksheets / Printables
o May include: Sight words, phonics, vocabulary, writing, tracing, letter writing, sentence writing with a sentence frame
• Math Worksheets / Printables
o May include: Counting practice #1-10, number writing practice #1-10, number sense, number tracing, patterning, number puzzles, problem solving
• Game to work on social skills and turn taking
• STEM activity related to the story
• Visual instructions to complete a craft related to the story
Each pack is designed to keep your students occupied for at least several daily 20 minute stations / centers per week, depending on the level of your group. Please check out the preview for an overview.
This product would be great for upper preschool, transitional Kindergarten, Kindergarten, or SDC Centers / Stations in either general or special day class settings.
If you like this product, please leave a review. If you feel that there is room for improvement, please let me know so that I can make the necessary changes. Thank you for your support :)