Pre-Kindergarten Spring Literacy and Math Lesson Plans
The Spring Literacy and Math theme has been created to assist you in meeting your common core curriculum outcomes.
VIEW VIDEO FOR MORE DETAILS
The unit consists of:
Two emergent readers offered. The purpose of the readers is to meet the informational content outcomes. These readers introduce key reading concepts and information about the characteristics of the spring season.
-Playing partners draw a letter cards, say the name of the letter and match it on their game board.
- Students draw a picture card and must match it to the correct alphabet letter.
-“Spin A Rhyme” in this game the partner players take a turn spinning a top and they must find a rhyming picture match to the picture they landed on.
-Includes 40 CVC picture cards that can be used for a variety of learning outcomes.
-Students roll and die and print the accompanying sight word that was represented by the number rolled.
The focus in this theme is on the outcomes outlined below related to the Common Core Standards Outcomes.
- I can tell if a group has greater than, less than or an equal amount. K.CC.B.6.
- I can compare two printed numerals between 1-10. K.CC.B.7
- I can write numbers 0-20 and show the correct amount of objects for these numbers. K.CC.A.3
- I can count 20 things. K.CC.B.5
- I can add in different ways. K.0A.A.1
- I can show sums in different ways. K.0A.A.3
Plenty of ideas and templates for crafts.
This theme is meant to be used for a two week time period and is based on a balanced literacy philosophy.
For my ideas visit: https://www.kinderplans.com