Pre Primer Bundle
This pack contains the following packs – Assessment and Tracking, Game Boards, Print and Go, Roll and Read, Bingo, Interactive Notebook Pages, Play Dough Mats. The packs are available individually.
All packs contain the 40 Pre Primer words from the Dolch List. This list has been split into 4 smaller lists of ten words. I have split the list into 4 smaller sets of ten words, to help young readers manage new words. I have found that allocating a colour and an animal to each list ensures higher engagement and provides easier tracking of each list. Each section has detailed instructions for printing, display and use.
To check out individual packs that are included in the bundle here are the links;
Pre Primer - Tracking and Assessment
There are three variations on checklists to use. Flash cards are provided and small wall charts.
Pre Primer – Game Boards
The first game set has only ten words on it and is an easy way to introduce the game board.
You will need dice and counters. I suggest only two players on each board. Roll the dice and the player with the highest number goes first.
There is a list provided to show which words are on which game board sets.
Pre Primer – Print and Go templates
I have split the list into 4 smaller sets of ten words, to help young readers manage new words.
- Use the checklist to determine the words that need to be focused on
- The Print and Go sheets have one word per page
- Students colour, trace, complete the sentence, circle and colour, write the word, cut and paste the mixed up letters
- These tasks consolidate each word
Pre Primer – Roll and Read
- Print and laminate the tasks
- There is a checklist provided to enable you to see which set your student needs to work on
- Use the boards with a buddy and have a dry erase marker to cross out the words – use a different colour each
- Roll a six sided dice and choose a word to read - cross it out
- The small sets are the ten word sets and are a different colour for each set, plus print and go!
- The larger boards contain all 40 words
Pre Primer – Bingo Boards
Each section has detailed instructions for printing, display and use.
- Use the Checklist to see which words your students need to concentrate on
- Choose the correct set and print and laminate
- There are eight boards with nine words on each in each set
- There are colour or black and white versions to print
- The print and go version can be printed on colour card
Directions for the game;
1. Choose a child to be the caller of the words
2. Choose a card and read it out
3. If the word is on the bingo boards, place a counter over the word
4. The caller places the card that they read out over the word on their large board
5. Decide if the board needs to be complete or whether you need three in a row to win
Pre Primer – Interactive Note Pages
Use the checklist to determine the set that your students need to work on.
There are three versions of the Interactive Note Book pages.
Select the one you wish to use and print.
There are instructions on how to use this activity.
Your students will be asked to read, trace, cut and glue.
Pre Primer – Play Dough Mats
1. Assess which words your students need to know by using the checklist provided
2. Each word is on a separate page and is in alphabetical order
3. There is a black and white version which could be copied onto coloured card, as well as a coloured version
4. Laminate before use
5. Get the children to roll out play dough into thin strips (rolls or sausages) and place over the word
6. Encourage them to go from left to right as if they are writing the word. Read the word before and after
This pack will also be part of a series that will include the following lists – with associated tasks to challenge and extend your students
Pre Primer – Green, Turtle
Primer – Red, Kangaroo
1st Grade – Yellow, Tiger
2nd Grade - Orange, Monkey
3rd Grade - Purple, Panda
Noun Group – Blue, Whale
I have allocated a colour and an animal to each list to allow for engagement and keeping track of each list.
COPYRIGHT ©2016 Paula’s Place
This product is for personal use in one classroom only. To share or use in multiple classrooms, please purchase additional licenses. This product may not be shared or distributed without consent from the author.
Be the first to know about my discounts, sales, free resources and new products: Look for the green star at the top of my store to ★Follow Me★
Don’t forget to get TPT credit to use on your future purchases:
I value your feedback. It helps me to make resources that meet your needs. ♥ Please go to your My Purchases page (you may need to login). Beside each purchase you'll see a Provide Feedback button. Simply click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product.