PreCalculus: Conics in the Real World *Task Cards* Activity
This activity is designed to help your Pre-Calculus students review key concepts at the end of the unit on Analytic Geometry. There are 10 stations in the activity. Great fun for students to collaborate and cooperate. The activity includes a student answer sheet for recording work.
Concepts include the following:
1. Equations for Circles of a Ferris wheel
2. Properties of elliptical ceilings
3. Finding a parabola to model the Golden Gate Bridge
4. Halley's comet, eccentricity and maximum distance of orbit.
5. Hyberbolic pathways of atom
6. Creating a parabolic satellite dish
7. Earth's orbit around the Sun.
8. Air traffic control flight path for a plane
9. Apogee and Perigee of the Moon'a orbit around Earth.
10. Ability to pass under a parabolic shaped bridge.
Be the first to hear about my new products, sales, and FREEBIES!
Click on the green star near the top of any page in my store to become a follower. This will allow you to receive customized e-mail updates about my store.
If you have any questions or comments
please contact me by email me at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Thanks for shopping in my store!