PreK Winter Music and Movement Lesson - Polar Bear Theme!
This Music Lesson Plan is a favorite with my Pre-K and Kindergarten students! There are a variety of great activities, so you can teach it in different variations for several weeks. Perfect for winter and lots of fun!
The standards used are for PreK, but I've successfully used this with ages 2-K.
- Polar Bear, Polar Bear, What Do You Hear? book by Bill Martin Jr.
- 3 musical recordings found widely on the web
- Movement scarves (optional activity)
- Paper plates (optional activity)
- 9 singing, chanting, and/or movement activities
- Guided lesson plan
- Polar bear facts
- Photos of polar bears that you can print or project.
I've received great feedback from kids, teachers, and even parents!
I hope your students enjoy this lesson as much as mine have!