This product teaches students letter sounds, counting skills, what voting is, about Abraham Lincoln and George Washington and the value and difference between a penny and quarter,
1. Craft: Abraham Lincoln Paper Plate Mask
Make Abraham Lincoln Paper Plate masks.
2. Craft: Washington Craft w/ Cotton Balls
Students make a hat and attach cotton balls (to look like Washington’s hat and wig)
3. Math: Quarter and Penny Sort
Students practice sorting and counting in this math activity.
4. Math: Color by Number Lincoln and Washington
Students color by number pictures of Lincoln and Washington.
5. Letter: P is for President
Students practice making an upper-case and lower-case P.
6. Letter: W is for WashingtonStudents practice making an upper-case and lower-case W
7. Letter: L is for LincolnStudents practice making an upper-case and lower-case L.
8. Letter: Top Hot Letter MatchStudents practice beginning letters sounds by matching letter and picture on Lincoln top-hat shaped cards.
9. Reading: Duck for PresidentRead Duck for President as a class. Afterward, have students draw campaign posters and vote for a class mascot from two choices.
10. Reading w/ Puppets
Read “George Washington’s and the General's Dogs” and “Mr. Lincoln’s Whiskers” as a class. Have students act out the stories with puppets.
11. If I were President
Students draw a picture and with help write what they would do as president.
12. Washington and Lincoln Lace Cards
Practice fine motor skills with these President’s Day themed lacing cards.
Books to Enhance this Unit:
Duck for President by Doreen Cronin
George Washington and the General's Dogs
Mr. Lincoln's Whiskers by Karen B. Winnick