This power point is used to start off Constitution Week. Students write the Preamble of the Declaration of Independence in their class journal. Then as a class we read it together to recite it.
1. Write and recite the Preamble. Explain why the Preamble and the Declaration of Independence was written.
2. Students will rewrite the Preamble in their own words.
3. Students will present their rewrites.
4. As a class, students will come up with one final Preamble rewrite.
5. Students will create collages that represent the Preamble.
6. The students will then reflect on the Preamble by writing in their journal.
7. Hang up the class Premable and the collages.
Students in small groups rewrite the Preamble in 7th grade terms. As a class groups read their rewrite to the class. As an entire class we listen to the small groups and then rewrite a class version of the Preamble. At the end of the lesson each class will have their own version of the Preamble that we hang up in the classroom.
Then students create collages that represent the Preamble.
Students answer a reflection on the Preamble.