This set of class demonstrations will bring your Pure Substances and Mixtures unit to life!
Each demonstration has two sheets. The teacher information page explains the steps to follow and gives you the background on what’s happening in the demo. The student page has leading questions that prompt students to engage in the Predict, Observe, Explain cycle of scientific thinking.
- temperature and solubility rate
- conservation in mass during changes in state
- testing for pure substance or mixture
- non-conservation of volume in solutions
- testing solubility
- saturation point and solubility
- blank page for your own demos
All demos use readily available household materials and have been fully tested in my class, so you know that they’ll work in yours!
Just print and teach!