Also included in
- Are you looking for a fun and engaging way to help your students effectively understand and apply reading skills? You’ve found it! These resources include everything you need to introduce and teach connecting, questioning, inferencing, clarifying, predicting, synthesizing, summarizing, visualizing a$44.80$56.00Save $11.20
Are you looking for a fun and engaging way to help your students effectively understand and apply reading skills? You’ve found it!!
This resource includes everything you need to introduce and teach predicting to your students. It also provides a consistent framework for continuous reinforcement and application of the skill with any text and with all future lessons.
will help you teach predicting to your students in a way they will truly understand and internalize. He notices clues from the text and makes connections to his experiences to guess the future. Presley also provides them with strategies and confidence for predicting throughout a text to enhance their understanding.
This resource introduces concrete ways for students to interact with the reading skill through this character representation. This lesson format can be applied to any book over and over again! There are a variety of activities included in this resource for your students to practice making predictions.
*download the preview to learn more about the Comprehension Crew program
- Character Posters & Visual Aids
- Character Profile- includes character profession, theme song, prop, gesture, phrase, likes, and how they help reader
- Concrete Prediction Activity
- Introduction & Modeling Lesson Plan- can be applied to any book
- Teacher Implementation Tips
- Graphic Organizers- 31 differentiated options for any text
- Flip Books- 2 options that can be used with any text
- Task Cards with Photographs- includes answer key and differentiated answer sheets
- Task Cards with Short Text- includes answer key and differentiated answer sheets
- Practice Passages- differentiated texts and scaffolded response options with answer keys included
- lower readability- Steve's Day
- higher readability- The Fishing Trip
- Mentor Text Suggestions – includes a wide variety of picture books and wordless picture books
Comprehension Crew is a group of characters each representing an essential reading skill. Each character has a profession, song, gesture, and prop that provide a concrete representation of the reading skill. These characters are used to model and reinforce each skill both in life and in text. The character helps students to understand, remember, and intentionally apply skills as they are reading.
There are characters representing each of the following reading skills:
• connecting- TRY FOR FREE!
If you have any questions about this resource or how to best use it in your classroom, I am happy to help! Please email me at email@example.com or Instagram message me at Lessons_by_the_lake. Thank you!