Predicting Weather – A Fifth Grade PowerPoint Introduction is a PowerPoint 5th grade level instructional presentation
It includes a PowerPoint presentation of the text along with two editable slides that are also available in PDF format to print and issue as classwork, homework, or attach/incorporate into an interactive notebook. Students can also complete the activities during the presentation as reinforcement for the presentation.
The presentation includes:
• Introductory terminology (forecast, meteorologist, and weather map).
• Why people need to know the weather.
• Understanding weather maps.
• Weather fronts.
• West to east rule (jet stream).
• High and low pressure systems.
• Weather data collection tools.
The last slides are white-background and used for the printables. The printables are already in PDF form in the package. The white-background pages are not included in the total pages. I include them in case you would like to change any of the data and recreate the printables.
The editable slides and printables:
• The first activity is a labeling/matching activity where students match descriptions with vocabulary/pictures. Included vocabulary: forecast, low pressure system, meteorologist, weather map, front, high pressure system, Doppler radar, weather satellite, and weather balloon.
• The second activity is a crossword puzzle that includes the following vocabulary: forecast, low pressure system, meteorologist, weather map, front, high pressure system, Doppler radar, weather satellite, and weather balloon.