Understanding preferred/non-preferred items for children with limited to no verbal speech is essential in fostering functional communication. We want the student to ENJOY communication and learn that they can and are encouraged to communicate with others. In order to find out what the student likes it is important to consult with the team of individuals supporting the student and to continue to update their likes/dislikes regularly. Adults, change out what they like and don’t like so why shouldn’t our students be able to. It’s time to keep track of these motivators together by conducting an informal preference assessment.
What is included?
• Example of completed inventories
• Speech room preferred item inventory
• Speech room non-preferred item inventory
• Letter to Family (back to school version)
• Letter to Family (Generic)
• Home based preferred items inventory
• Home based non-preferred items inventory
• Letter to Classroom Teacher (back to school version)
• Letter to Classroom Teacher (Generic)
• Classroom preferred items inventory
• Classroom non-preferred items inventory
• Master List of Preferred Items
• Master List of Non-Preferred Items
• Preferred Item inventory
• Non-preferred item inventory
• Thank you’s
Print N' Go
Connect with me:
Blog/website (coming soon) • Facebook
Tag The Communication Cottage
in any product posts you make on social media for a chance to be featured in our feed! It brings me joy to see my products being used by so many wonderful people! Share Away Friends!
Don't forget to click on the green ★ to follow The Communication Cottage!
This is how you can stay up to date on all of the latest products & freebies!
Earn Credits Towards Your NEXT Purchase By Leaving Feedback
Go to my purchases, leave feedback, and provide a rating and leave a comment. This helps me to know what you enjoy and what you'd like to see in future projects etc. to allow me to best provide value to you! And you get the perk of credits! It's a win, win!
for sharing your beautiful designs with the TpT & Education Community
Fonts: A Perfect Blend Teaching TPT Page
// A Perfect Blend Teaching Blog
Clip Art: Whimsy Clips TPT Page
// Whimsy Clips Webpage/Blog
Educational Resource Designer
The Communication Cottage