: 'Prefix Bluff' is a card game which helps students learn about prefixes in an enjoyable way. The game expands vocabulary and offers ample opportunity to discuss language features.
: anti, auto, acro, cent, chron, circ, co, com, con, cycl, deca, dis, extra, hydro, hyper, im, inter, ir, kilo & mega.
Aim of the Game
- To have a bit of fun learning about the definition and uses of commonly used Latin, Greek & Old English prefixes.
What You Need
- 3 to 6 players
- 40 card deck with two of each prefix
- 4 wild cards
How to Play
1. Decide who is going to be the dealer.
2. Dealer shuffles the prefix cards and distributes the whole deck evenly between the players.
3. The player to the left of the dealer goes first.
4. This player makes a pair from the cards in their hand (if this is possible) and places them face down in a central pile on the table stating the prefix, its definition and a word containing the prefix and the word’s definition. e.g . ‘The prefix 'anti' means ‘against’ so ‘antisocial’ means…’
5. At the point the cards are placed on the table the other players have the opportunity to say, 'I don't think so' if they think the player is bluffing.
6. The cards just placed on the table are then inspected. If the person is lying about the amount of cards put down or whether they are a matching pair then all the cards on the table go into the hand of the player accused. If the bluff is not proven all the cards go into the hand of the accuser.
7. Other players then follow in turn around the group placing pairs, accusing others of bluffing and picking up cards until one player has no cards left in their hand.
Four Wild Cards are included in this game. They give the holder a distinct advantage. Use them well as they can only be used once and then must be discarded. Hold on to them until you can use them to the utmost effect.
Also Included in this Download
- Tips on how to Bluff
- Ways to vary the game play
- Teacher Tips for before and after the game.
NB This game uses the same cards as my Prefix Shout Game
. If you purchase this one make sure you copy the rules of the second one and play it too.
Check Out My MEGA BUNDLE
It includes ALL
the great games in my store PLUS
every resource I make for the next YEAR
It is a book that just keeps on giving.
Take me to the Mother Load :-)