*This activity was designed to be used with post-its but can be used without the implementation of post-its as well.
1. Students receive the blank student sheet and an adequate number of post-its, depending on how many prefixes will be completed in a day.
2. Students place a post-it in each prefix box.
3. Teacher provides the prefixes and sentences for students to copy.
4. Students copy the prefix on the post-it and the definition underneath the post-it in the box. Students then draw an image on the post-it to help them remember the meaning of each prefix.
*Students can record all information (prefix, definition of prefix and
Image) in the box if post-its are not available.
5. Next, students copy the sentences in the appropriate column and determine the meaning of the bolded word. An answer key is provided.
6. Students can then complete the “Extra Practice” activities for homework or additional classwork. Activities can be used in a multitude of ways!!