These activities are designed to give your students practice with use and understanding of basic prefixes and suffixes using a bubble gum theme.
Each activity offers student friendly, hands-on experiences and comes with a student task card, templates and recording sheets. They can be used to introduce or reinforce skills taught in class. This packet includes the following:
1. Grade Level Common Core Standards Addressed (K-3)
2. Root Word, Prefix and Suffix Anchor Charts
3. Poppin' Prefixes:Students make a flap book with the prefixes: un, re, dis and pre. They will add a prefix to the given root words and sort them into the correct categories.
4. Sticky Suffix Sort: Students make flap books with suffixes. Two different versions are included. Suffixes addressed are: less, ful, able, ly, er (2 meanings) and est. Students will identify the root word and suffixes in given words and sort them correctly.
5. Double Bubble Prefixes and Suffixes: Students sort picture cards into prefix and suffix categories and record their answers.
6. Bubblicious I SPY Prefixes and Suffixes: This activity can be used as a center or placed around the room. Students answer and identify questions about prefixes and suffixes and record their answers.(answer key provided)
7. Bubblicious Craftivity: This activity can be used as review or as an assessment.Students will make a boy or girl blowing a bubble gum bubble. They will then write a prefix/suffix, the root word and the new word to demonstrate understanding of the standards taught.
For other Prefix and Suffix activities, click HERE
Be sure to check out the preview file for more details!