Incorporate prefixes, suffixes, and spelling patterns into your reading instruction with these student friendly reading passages. Each set of passages is organized by either two prefixes or two suffixes.
In each passage:
- Students identify and sort examples of the focused prefix or suffix.
- Solve three multiple choice comprehension questions.
- Retell the story with the beginning, middle, and end.
- Write examples of each prefix or suffix.
- Use the prefixes or suffixes in a sentence.
This resource can be used for morning work, homework, or a reading center. You may also use these passages in your reading groups or intervention groups.
There is a Google Slides version of this resource included.