Students are introduced by PowerPoint to 9 commonly used prefixes. Each prefix has example words that are supported by colorful graphics. There are 5 quizzes that go directly along with the PowerPoint that can be done as a class, in groups or as individuals. There are 4 additional worksheets to practice what they have learned.
This unit can be used in several grades.
• PowerPoint introducing commonly used prefixes. 21 pages
un-, re-, pre-, non-, dis-, mis-, im-, over-, under-
• Prefix List - list of common prefixes.
• Prefix "Nots" - Students correct sentences using the proper prefix.
• Prefix Breakdowns - Students separate the prefix from the base word then use the word to write a sentence.
• Prefix Breakdowns II - Students separate the prefix from the base word then use the word to write a sentence.
• Prefix Match Ups - Students make words from a set of prefixes and base words.
• Prefix Quizzes - Goes along with the PowerPoint or can be used as worksheets. 5 pages
• Answer Sheets - Answers for quizzes and worksheets.
From The Developer:
I was a 2nd and 3rd grade elementary teacher for 33 years. I'm now a teaching librarian. It was always a struggle to find a good prefix resource, so I helped develop this comprehensive unit. Since this is an important subject to cover in early elementary years, we hope you find it useful.
Prefixes, Suffixes and Roots
Participles: Past "ed" and Present "ing"
Copyright © Galloping Turtle Books - All Rights Reserved. The purchase of this unit, including the individual parts, are for one teacher only. Other teachers or classrooms must purchase their own individual license. All the individual elements are copyrighted and not in the public domain. Rights do not allow any publication of any parts of the work or uploading to the school website or the internet in any form.
For More Educational Resources: