You'll love teaching prefixes when you use this no-prep interactive PowerPoint (77 slides) and printables (6) set. We focus on 20 prefixes, learn about the meaning of each prefix, and study examples. The animated slides and sound effects are sure to engage and stimulate your students! We end the PowerPoint with a twenty question prefix quiz.
Interactive buttons allow you to focus on specific prefixes in a non-linear manner. This is user-friendly and perfect for the introduction, testing, or review of prefixes.
Also included are five prefix printables (notes, activities, prefix puzzles, and craftivity), perfect for literacy centers.
Prefix PowerPoint (77 slides)
- Introduction to affixes and root words
- Introduction to prefixes and suffixes
- In-depth focus on 20 prefixes with examples (clickable menu for easy access)
- Interactive quiz - provide the definition of the given prefix / complete the word by adding the correct prefix (20 slides)
Prefix Printables (6)
- Information sheet
- Prefix reference sheet (type, meaning, examples)
- Activity sheet (complete the prefix puzzles - cut and stick)
- Activity sheet (complete the words by adding the correct prefix)
- Create prefix puzzles (two cutting options)
- Interactive Prefix Puzzle Craftivity (new)
Please remember to open the PPT in slide show mode for the animation and sound to work. Please unzip the bundle to access the files.
Save money and buy the bundle:
Prefixes and Suffixes Mega Bundle (PowerPoints, worksheets, crafts, and task cards)
Suffixes PowerPoint and Printables
Suffixes Task Cards
Prefixes Task Cards
Created by Lindy du Plessis 2016.