Prefixes Suffixes Roots Worksheets plus Digital Versions - Google Slides & Easel
- Google Apps™
- Easel Activity
What educators are saying
Also included in
- These ELA Review pages are the perfect no-prep printables to supplement your literacy program. They cover a wide variety of ELA topics and are great for review, homework, independent work, enrichment, or centers.This bundle includes 6 resources:Figurative Language Worksheets: 30 Figurative LanguagePrice $26.34Original Price $32.92Save $6.58
Prefixes, Suffixes, and Roots are essential for vocabulary growth, and these worksheets are perfect to have students practice prefix, suffix, and root problems.
- 40 Worksheets
- Answer Keys
- 120 Google Slides
- "Worksheet Style" Google Slides
- Self-Grading Prefix & Suffix Quick Quizzes (Google Forms)
- Easel Activity
- Digital or Print
- Self-Checking or Short Answer
- Many Different Levels of Worksheets
Great for 3rd, 4th, 5th, or 6th grade!
CHECK OUT THE PREVIEW TO SEE A LOT MORE!
This resource is part of a money-saving bundle!
This bundle includes these resources:
- Figurative Language Worksheets
- ELA Review Test Prep Worksheets
- ELA Fun with Words Worksheets
- Commas Silly Worksheets
- Homophone Worksheets
This resource uses American English and is editable.
This resource is divided into four sections: Prefixes, Suffixes, Prefixes and Suffixes, and Roots. At the start of both the Prefix and the Suffix sections, there are several worksheets that introduce students to some of the more common affixes. The rest of the sections are devoted to more practice using these affixes with a short multiple-choice quiz at the end. The Prefix and Suffix section provides opportunities for students to practice using prefixes and suffixes together.
The first two pages in the Roots section focus on just three common roots and their meanings in order to introduce the concept. The following pages provide more opportunities to explore Greek and Latin roots.
- Prefixes: pre- re- mis-
- Prefixes: dis- non- un-
- Prefixes in- im- out-
- Prefixes: over- under-
- Prefix Practice 1
- Prefix Practice 2
- Prefix Practice 3
- Add the Prefix
- Prefix Mix and Match
- Prefix Challenge
- Prefix Meaning Match
- Prefix Quiz
- Suffixes: -ful -ous -less
- Suffixes: -able -ment -ness
- Suffixes: -er -or -ist
- Suffixes: -er -est
- Suffixes: -ed -ing
- Suffixes: Silent "e" Rule
- Suffixes: Doubling Consonants Rule
- Suffixes: Tricky "y" Rule
- Suffix Practice 1
- Suffix Practice 2
- Suffix Practice 3
- Add the Suffix
- Suffix Mix and Match
- Suffix Challenge
- Suffix Quiz
- Prefix and Suffix Practice 1
- Prefix and Suffix Practice 2
- Prefix and Suffix Editing
- Prefix and Suffix Challenge
- Prefix and Suffix Path
- What are Word Roots?
- Using Word Roots
- The Right Root
- Roots Practice 1
- Roots Practice 2
- Roots Match Up
- Making Words with Roots
- Word Roots Chart
- Answer Keys
- Common Core Standards
- Download our to learn 31 different ways you can use this resource!
✏️ "These activities provided many opportunities to not only discuss prefixes and suffixes, but vocabulary in general. My students were very engaged!" -Bridgett K.
✏️ "I purchased this recently and have one used it once with my Grade 3/4s. So far, they are liking it and it lead to some great discussions. They've begun noticing prefixes during discussions, which is adorable." -Tiffany D.
✏️ "Excellent resource that really breaks down prefixes, suffixes, and roots for students. These activities were great for all my students, especially my students learning English as a second language. It was a great help while we were reviewing for our standardized tests this year." -Kara K.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LOVE…
Common Core Standards:
- CCSSL.3.4b - Determine the meaning of the new word formed when a known affix is added to a known word (e.g., agreeable/disagreeable, comfortable/uncomfortable, care/careless, heat/preheat).
- CCSSL.4.4b - Use common, grade-appropriate Greek and Latin affixes and roots as clues to the meaning of a word (e.g., telegraph, photograph, autograph).
- CCSSL.5.4b - Use common, grade-appropriate Greek and Latin affixes and roots as clues to the meaning of a word (e.g., photograph, photosynthesis).
- CCSSCCRA.L.4 - Determine or clarify the meaning of unknown and multiple-meaning words and phrases by using context clues, analyzing meaningful word parts, and consulting general and specialized reference materials, as appropriate.
Be the first to know about discounts, freebies and new resources!
- Follow us on .
- Join our .
- Check out our Blog
- Follow us on Social Media - or
Get TPT credit to use on future purchases:
- Go to your My Purchases page.
- Click on the Provide Feedback button to leave a rating and a short comment.
- You’ll earn TPT credits, which you can redeem on future purchases!
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ WE STRIVE FOR 5 STARS! ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
NEED HELP? Before leaving feedback:
- Visit the FAQs section
- submit a help ticket
- ask a question on the Q& A tab
About the Author
Rachel Lynette is a published author of over 120 nonfiction books for children on a variety of subjects, as well as several teacher resource books. She has written for publishers such as Harcourt, Thompson-Gale, Rosen, Children’s Press, Evan-Moor, Kagan, and several others. This resource reflects more than a decade of professional writing experience.
This resource was created by Rachel Lynette and Cassi Noack for Minds in Bloom INC., all rights reserved. It may be used by the original purchaser for single class use only. Teachers may distribute this product in email, through google classroom or over the Internet to their students (and parents) as long as the site is password protected. In other words, you may distribute it to your own students, but may not put it on the Internet where it could be publicly found and downloaded.
This product is happily brought to you by Rachel Lynette and Cassi Noack of Minds in Bloom