Prefixes and suffixes word searches are a perfect way to keep your students engaged. Print and use them with early finishers. Or when you need to work with small groups and have some students who can or need to practice more. Quick and sweet!
SAVE MONEY AND GET THIS SET IN THE BUNDLE.
All the pages are in black and white. There are 2 word searches per page to save ink. The keys are included.
What are practiced:
- re (rewrite, reheat, reuse, reread, relearn, resend, rewatch, recook);
- pre (preview, prepaid, preheat, prehistoric, preschool, precook, preorder, prefix);
- un (unlucky, unhappy, unfair, unusual, unlock, unkind, unfasten, unbelievable);
- over (overview, overdue, overflow, overcharge, overreact, overthink, overpaid, overwork);
- mid (midwinter, midway, midsummer, midfielder);
- dis (distrust, dislike, disagree, disappear);
- im (impolite, impossible, improper, immortal);
- in (inactive, insensitive, incomplete, invisible);
- mis (miscount, mislead, misbehave, misplace);
- en (enable, enclose, encode, engulf);
- ex (exhale, exchange, ex-president, ex-boyfriend);
- pro (promote, prolong, proclaim, proactive);
- sub (subnormal, submerge, submarine, subtitle);
- super (supernatural, supermarket, superfood, superstar).
What are practiced:
- er (painter, baker, writer, singer, cleaner, farmer, speaker, worker);
- ful (cheerful, harmful, peaceful, successful, colorful, graceful, careful, beautiful);
- less (shoeless, careless, fearless, hopeless, homeless, friendless, tireless, endless);
- ness (darkness, softness, politeness, gentleness, sadness, greatness, kindness, wilderness);
- able (breakable, profitable, comfortable, likable, laughable, preventable, portable, adorable);
- ize (realize, initialize, materialize, modernize, capitalize, specialize, computerize, organize);
- ship (friendship, ownership, leadership, authorship, membership, citizenship, partnership, spaceship);
- ity (mobility, electricity, reality, elasticity, flexibility, oddity, activity, responsibility);
- y (sleepy, bumpy, thirsty, messy);
- ly (softly, slowly, madly, happily);
- ous (humorous, marvelous, glorious, adventurous);
- ish (pinkish, childish, boyish, foolish);
- en (waxen, silken, wooden, golden);
- al (critical, comical, mechanical, criminal);
- ion (confession, edition, impression, invasion);
- hood (sisterhood, brotherhood, neighborhood, adulthood);
- ify (intensify, beautify, justify, simplify);
- ic (allergic, historic, poetic, linguistic).
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE
✔ Follow CrazyCharizma
✔ Subscribe to my email list and get 2 weeks of freebies
- Don't forget to leave feedback and earn TPT credits.
- Want your friend or the whole team to have and use this product|? Please buy a multiple license to share it with them. For school and school districts, buy this packet via TPT for schools.
- Have questions? Feel free to email me or use the "Ask a Question" feature on TpT.