Prefixes and Suffixes
These activities cover the following prefixes and suffixes: in, un, mis, pre, dis, re, non, mid, im, bi, inter, pro, anti, ex, under, sub,
ly, er, est, er/or, ed, ful, less, able/ible, ion, ment, ness, ous
• a brief 1 page explanation of prefixes and suffixes
• 16 prefix cards and 16 matching prefix definitions
• 24 definitions and 24 matching prefix words
• 12 suffix cards and 12 matching suffix definitions
• 16 definitions and 16 matching suffix words
• 4 worksheets for students to “brainstorm” as many prefix and suffix words as they can
• Answer keys to all matches
• Laminate cards to use year after year.
• Use cards as a center activity or small group work.
• Use the worksheets as a way to introduce prefixes and suffixes. Have students work in pairs or small groups while completing worksheet activity.
This product is included the following bundle:
Bundle: Prefixes, Suffixes and Roots
Want more matching games? Here's a Bundle of them:
Bundle: Matching Games and Other Activities
You may also like
Task Cards: Prefixes, Suffixes and Roots (Common Core Grades 3-6)
Prefixes, Suffixes and Roots: Worksheets, Handouts and Posters