This pack has six centers all having to do with prefixes and suffixes!
Common Core Aligned!
1. Creating Prefixes! Students have prefix and suffix cards to create new words! They have to identify the prefix, the base word, the new word created and the meaning of the new word. There are twelve new words with the prefixes dis-, re-, un-, and pre-.
2. Prefix or Suffix? Students have to identify the words and create a flip chart that sorts the words into the two categories of having a prefix or having a suffix.
3. and 4. One is a prefix sort and one is a suffix sort. Both of these centers include flip charts for sorting the given words. Students must also underline the prefix or suffix and highlight the base word.
5. Hoooooo Loves Suffixes?! Students will do the same thing as they did in the first center with prefixes.
6. Super Suffixes and Perfect Prefixes! Students will identify prefixes and suffixes within sentences and they will create sentences using the words they found!
I have used all of these activities as group centers, individual activities or activities to supplement a who group mini lesson!