Also included in
- Together these lesson sets give you everything you need to effectively teach the 5 major objectives for your Prehistory unit that accompanies your Ancient Civilization Curriculum. With this bundle you can teach your unit confident you are covering the major concepts, while maintaining the flexibilit$20.00$24.75Save $4.75
- If you are overwhelmed by teaching ancient history, then you need these lesson sets designed with a simple structure that will not only alleviate your stress, but will also streamline your lesson planning and benefit your students. The Reason Why: I developed these lesson sets for teaching ancient$200.00$279.95Save $79.95
This lesson plan covers the how scientists learn about the past. This lesson set gives you multiple options for teaching your 6th graders. It includes: Reading passage, presentation, guided notes, worksheet, activity, review questions, notebook foldable, digital notebook page, and vocabulary study. Just pick and choose which materials will work best for you and your students!
Here’s a little more detail of what’s included with this lesson set:
Objective: Describe how scientists learn about the past.
1) PowerPoint presentation = to present the foundational information to students. You can go into as much depth as you choose when you present.
2) The same presentation in a Google Slide format.
3) Guided Notes using the Cornell note taking structure = for students to engage and follow along with the presentation.
4) The same guided notes in Google Slide format.
5) Reading Passage = for students to read and engage with using symbols and markings as they read.
6) The same reading passage in Google Slide format.
7) Notebook foldable = for students to process information and use in their notebooks.
8) Digital Notebook page in Google Slide format.
9) Vocabulary Study = for students to learn and thoroughly understand the key vocabulary words that accompany this objective.
Vocabulary in this lesson: prehistory, theory, fossil, artifact, excavate,
10) The same vocabulary study in Google Slide format.
11) Worksheet = for students to think, process, and practice the content.
12) The same worksheet in a Google Slide format.
13) Activity = for students to learn more and explore the objective. This particular activity will require you to gather information from the library, websites, or local resources for students to complete.
14) The same activity in a Google Slide format.
15) 5 Questions = developed with Bloom’s Taxonomy strategy for students to review and think critically about the objective. Perfect for review or assessment.
16) The same 5 Questions in Google Slide format.
17) Supplemental Resource Suggestions = links and materials that support the learning objective.
18) Now Includes Answer Keys!
HOW TO USE IT:
+ Pick and choose which pieces of this resource will suit the needs of you and your students. Every piece of this lesson set is designed to help you teach the objective: Describe how scientists learn about the past.
First: pick a way for students to gather information
(PowerPoint with Notes/Notebook Foldable/Digital Notebook or Reading Passage)
Second: pick a way for students to process information
(Notebook Foldable/Digital Notebook or Activity or Vocabulary Study)
Third: pick a way for students to demonstrate information
(5 Questions or Activity or Worksheet)
+ The worksheet and vocabulary study work great as homework assignments.
WHEN TO USE IT:
+ When you use this resource, you can teach with confidence that you are covering all the essential and foundational information your students need to know about the objective.
This gives you great flexibility to dive deeper into any aspect you or your students are interested in regarding the objective.
HOW IT WILL SAVE YOU TIME:
+ Every piece of this resource comes in a printable PDF file AND a digital Google Slide file. Which means you can use the exact same materials when teaching students in-person, remotely, and most importantly when teaching in a hybrid situation (in-person and remote).
This means you won’t have to search for materials for your students on screen or the students sitting in front of you. This lesson set provides both.
+ This lesson set will also save you time when adapting to student needs:
If a student misses the class presentation, you can have them complete their guided notes using the reading passage.
+ The final 5 Questions Review is based on the Blooms Taxonomy levels of questioning. Knowledge, Comprehension, Application, Analysis, Synthesis, Evaluation
You can use it as a quiz, review at the end of your unit, or as part of your unit assessment.
When you use this lesson set along with my other Prehistory lesson sets, you will have a complete unit. You can confidently teach the core objectives within a two week time frame. You can use any other time you may have for review, games, movies, in-depth projects, and assessments.
Prehistory Lesson Sets:
Learn About the Past <<< This Lesson
+ After you have used this resource, please return to your purchases file on TpT and leave a review! You will earn TpT credit towards future purchases and support a fellow teacher! Thank you!
+ Click the green star next to my store name so you can be notified about new products, updates and get the latest download.
+ Let’s Share! I love seeing these resources in action! Take pictures and share with me! You can email me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org or tag me on Instagram @teachlikemidgley