Goes over the key terms/concepts for the unit. You can have the students use this while taking notes if you'd like or as a study guide for review for the test.
St. Paul, MN
Wesley Center for Spirituality, Service and Social Justice
Coordinator of Civic Engagement and Service-Learning (fulltime, 12 mo.)
The new position of Coordinator of Civic Engagement and Service Learning will support Hamline’s mission in developing students’ knowledge, values and skills for successful lives of leadership, scholarship, and service. This mission recognizes the roots of Hamline in the traditions and values of the United Methodist Church, whose founder, John Wesley, inspired others to “Do all the good you can.” Service-learning provides the pedagogical basis for community-engaged knowledge, leadership and scholarship, which relies on creating strong, collaborative, and mutually-responsive relations between faculty, students and staff with community partners. The new Coordinator will develop collegial relations with Hamline faculty, so that existing relations with signature community partners can be extended and deepened, and new community partnerships developed to positively impact civil society and student leadership.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities include:
1. Develop relations with faculty as an effective, creative and collaborative colleague in civic engagement and service-learning
2. Lead professional workshops on introductory, intermediate and advanced developments of instructional design incorporating service-learning, including civic engagement learning outcomes and assessment
3. Sustain and develop relations with community partners in diverse organizations and neighborhoods
4. Represent Hamline University in the work of Minnesota Campus Compact
5. Coordinate university opportunities for local, state and national recognition and awards
6. Compile narratives and collect data regarding the university’s programs, leadership and participation in civic engagement and service-learning
7. Research and develop grant applications to create new opportunities for students’ learning through civic engagement and service-learning
8. Coordinate the CityServe service-learning program for Orientation, in collaboration with the First Year and Orientation staff
9. Oversee the Catalyst Spring Break service-learning trips, including planning, budgeting,
fundraising, selection and training of student leaders and staff resource leaders, promotion of student applications, and serving as a staff resource person to one of the trips
10. Participate in Wesley Center staff responsibilities such as goal-setting, learning outcomes, annual reports, professional development, diversity education, core events such as Annual Awards Party, National Day of Service, Student Leaders Retreat, and other Student Affairs programs.
AHatley Social Studies