* Understand how to read the Participant Instructions and Event Situation of the role play event.
* Understand the relationship between the Performance Indicators and the Judge's Evaluation sheet.
* Learn strategies for problem-solving while addressing the Performance Indicators.
* Practice preparing for multiple role plays and managing allotted time.
* Learn the differences between the Individual Series and Team Decision Making events.
This lesson carefully scaffolds the information so that it is accessible to novice competitors. This is an effective way to introduce role plays to new DECA members. It contains options for extended learning for approximately 5 additional days.