Helpful Hints is an 11 page booklet designed to help parents prepare their child for PreK and to assist and support them throughout the school year. It gives several ideas for:
1) Developing Visual Discrimination
2) Developing Eye-Hand Coordination
3) Developing Eye-Motor Coordination
4) Developing Body Concept
5) Developing an Inner Sense of Right and Left and Spatial Relations
6) Developing Balance and Large Muscle Coordination
7) Assisting Pre-Academic Development
8) Assisting Math Development
The booklet is set up on half pages so when the resource is copied, you have two complete books. Simply staple the pages together, or punch holes and use brads to secure the book. Some suggestions on how to use this book are:
1) Hand these out on Open House night to make parents aware of student expectations and how they can assist the teacher as well as their child.
2) Include them in an initial packet of school information.
3) Save them to give to parents at parent/teacher conferences. In that way, the teacher can highlight items specifically related to each child.
4) Distribute them on Get to Know Your Teacher Night.
5) They are useful tool for parents who have questions about working with their child at home.
For sample pages, download the preview version.
You might also like these resources:
Math, Reading and Writing - 51 Hands-On Activities that Use Small Toys
Time - A Suggested 34 Step Math Sequence for Teaching Time
Trash to Treasure – Creating Classroom Items from Recycled Stuff